Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pop's Place

Pop's Place is Luke's family farm located Beauregard, Alabama and probably one of my favorite past times with Luke. Luke and I have such sweet memories there. The first time Luke brought me out was for a family gathering Easter weekend in 2009. All of his little second cousins scurried around while his aunts + uncles would drink tea by the cabin. His Uncle Richard held dove hunt's usually about once a year and I always got to enjoy the show. (I was never able to shoot one of those birdies but Luke always did a great job at it!) I did have the chance to shoot skeet every now + then...also very humorous as I never aimed in the right direction.

My favorite memory at Pop's Place was fishing with Luke and his dad, Mr. John...and oh does Mr. John LOVE to fish! We would stay out until sunset; just about the same time the tops of my shoulders + legs were totally sunburned. Man, I loved it. Each fish that Luke caught, he would throw on it me just so he could see me scream and shake. Typical girl. Yes. I know! Luke loves the outdoors and love watching him shine. He and his dad were always wrapped up in deep conversation about God and His goodness. I would usually just listen in to this sweet moment shared between a father + a son. I always knew that if Luke and I got engaged I wanted to have our engagement photos taken at Pop's Place and sure enough. We did!



Oh, did I mention how much Ellie LOVES Pop's place?


 Luke - like a pro. Ellie is so little here.



  Trying to shoot a 12 gauge. It really hurts.

Really looking forward to going back for a visit sometime soon!

Before one of the dove shoots.





 I know...this looks extremely dangerous right?!

 The after effect!

 Going back for more.

 This is  not our engagement photo. I'll show a few of those later.

So, it really looks like all we do at Pop's Place is shoot guns. Hmm...I'll have look again for our fishing photos. I guess the guns were just too exciting! 

Blessings, 

Alison



No comments:

Post a Comment